How do you handle insects in the kitchen?
Finding insects in the kitchen is the absolute worst. It’s bad enough when you see bugs in your living room or bedroom, but the kitchen is where all your food is located, which means you’re facing contamination and possibly even the spreading of disease.
To keep your home safe and healthy from invading “creepy crawlies,” it’s important to maintain proper insect control at all times. Today, we’re going to discuss how to deal with a few of the most common insects you’re likely to find in your kitchen and how to keep them from becoming a problem in the future.
Dealing with Parading Ants
Seeing just a few ants around probably isn’t a big deal, but if there are even just one or two in your kitchen, that usually means there are many more nearby. There’s also a good chance that your first sighting of ants will be a large number of them walking across your floor or countertops. If this happens, pick up some ant traps or, in the case of an infestation that you can’t get rid of, call a professional.
Dealing with Creepy Roaches
Cockroaches are disgusting little creatures that carry bacteria, germs, and even disease. It’s important that you get rid of them as soon as possible to avoid contamination or illness. There are several types of roach traps on the market, but it’s always best to call a pest control company and avoid a bigger problem.
Dealing with Annoying Flies
When you’re outside, flies are typically annoying at best. Inside, however, they can lead to a high level of contamination. A single pregnant female that’s buzzing around can lay eggs in an unseen location and produce as many as 150 maggots that will turn into flies in just a few days. Sticky fly traps are normally quite effective, but if that fails, call an exterminator.
Insect-Proofing Your Kitchen
Discovering insects in the kitchen should never be taken lightly. If you’re experiencing problems, the best solution is to call a professional exterminator that handles organic pest control. Then, follow these simple tips that will help you maintain insect control at your home:
- Seal Holes and Cracks — Many types of pests get into your home through small holes and cracks in your foundation, walls, edges of your doors and windows, etc. Filling these in with weather-stripping, spray foam, or caulking will help prevent this.
- Clean Up Your Food — As you’re no doubt aware, any food that’s left out or sits in the trash for too long is an open invitation for insects and other pests. Make sure that fresh food and leftovers are sealed in plastic containers, and don’t leave anything sitting in the garbage can for too long.
- Remove Any Moisture — Water sources are also a huge attractant for a multitude of pests. Since kitchens are a common source of moisture, be sure to clean up any spills and keep the area dry.
- Keep Traps Handy — Insect traps are one of the best ways to prevent just a few pests from turning into a full-on infestation. Always keep traps handy and begin using them at the first sign of an insect intrusion.
- Routine Pest Control — Everyone knows that an infestation calls for the help of a professional pest control company. If your home seems to be susceptible to any type of pest, setting up routine appointments will prove extremely beneficial.
Let ProHealth Pest Control Take Care of Insects in the Kitchen
If you have insects in the kitchen, it’s important that you handle the problem right away. ProHealth Pest Control are experts and organic pest control for residential and commercialproperties and will follow pandemic safety guidelines. Our team can handle any type of pest issue, including the need for cockroach control, mosquito control, rodent control, spider control, bed bug control, fly control, and ant control in Clearwater. Call us today at (727) 308-2543 to schedule a no-cost consultation.